We understand the decision to outsource business functions are primarily driven by certain factors in order to derive the most value. Our approach is therefore customised to ensure each client receives their expected benefit: Factors Driving the decision; Competitive Industry Pressure, Limited Expert Resources, Financial Resources Pressure, and Outdated IT systems, while the related benefits includes cost reduction, readily availability of expertise, value proposition while supporting corporate objectives, and increased efficiency and innovations
In view of the above, our core financial management service offerings are primarily divided as follows:
Outsourced Financial Accounting Services
Whether you are seeking to expand your customer base or reduce business overheads by lowering manufacturing production costs, through our independent firm of experts, you can access a wide range of accounting, tax, business advisory and company secretarial experts, including human resources and payroll specialists. Applying our extensive knowledge of local regulations, business cultures and customs, our experts can assist you to:
- Analyse the market opportunities for your product and services.
- Strategically plan your approach, greatly increasing the chances of long-term commercial
- Customise a governance structure aligned to your growth
- Drive greater profitability and business
- Comply with all tax laws.
Integrated support for your accounting and finance team
In a business environment that is constantly evolving, accessing a resource that complements your finance and accounting team is critical. You may be downsizing, expanding into a new jurisdiction or going through a restructure. Whatever your needs, we offer an outsourced accounting function that complements your existing team.
We offer a range of financial and outsourcing services, including:
- Evaluating the options for incorporating a company in specific jurisdictions, assessing the most tax efficient legal structure
- Completion and legal filing of company registration documents
- Assisting with initial and ongoing financial record keeping and reporting
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers
- Assisting with direct and indirect tax (VAT/GST) registration and filing requirements
- Ensuring compliance with local tax obligations, including corporate income taxes, social security taxes, state/provincial and municipal income taxes, stamp duties and sales taxes,
- Support on business set-up
- Business process outsourcing
- Statutory financial statements and related services
- Management reporting
- Secondment services
- Independent review and compilation
- Cost accounting and performance
From everyday bookkeeping to transaction processing, billing and collections, our team members can help your business reduce operating costs whilst maintaining accurate records and your financial integrity. By outsourcing these functions to a MAI, your management team is unburdened and free to focus on developing your market reach, driving business improvements, and pursuing further opportunities.
Today’s tax systems pose significant challenges and risks for business. The complexities of domestic and international rules mean organisations need clear, informed, and considered guidance. Working closely with you, we build transparent, integrated tax-efficient solutions that give you confidence, and help you excel in a sustainable way.
Our Technical Approach
We work closely with you to provide tax solutions that help you achieve your strategic objectives. By acting as one agile, integrated, and collaborative team, across sectors, services and geographies, our clients benefit from our local roots.
Our professionals have deep experience in all areas of tax, providing businesses at all stages of their growth with specialist advice, ranging from corporate and employment tax, to transfer pricing and corporate structuring, to national transactions. For our private clients, we provide a detailed understanding you need to make effective long-term financial decisions regarding your tax planning and work with you on all aspects of implementation. We pride ourselves on our strong client relationships. As your partner, we take the time to understand your needs and tailor our services accordingly.
How we can help?
Employment tax, VAT and indirect tax transfer pricing, M&A tax, tax compliance/audit, tax dispute resolution, tax reconciliations, IRP5 requirements, salaries administration, remuneration restructuring and advisory services, advice on remuneration structuring, external audit and forensic reporting, general employment law advice, advice on/production of employment contracts, share. We also manage all communication with SARS, UIF, and WCA departments with specialised knowledge of current legislation and changes in procedures that the business manager generally doesn’t have time to keep abreast of.
Our payroll services include:
- PAYE, UIF and SDL registration for companies employing staff in South Africa for the first time
- Laser printed payslips for all staff
- All calculations of PAYE, UIF and SDL,(EMP201)
- Electronic filing of IRP5 reconciliations
- Management reports tailored to your individual requirements
- flexible deadlines for submitting payroll information
- Application for deregistration of taxes
- Application for exemption from income tax (NPO’S )
- Calculation and submission of provisional tax, tax liability
- Tax and estate planning advice
- Tax clearance pin letters of good standing for tenders and foreign investment
- Tax directives,
Independent assurance & reviews
Confident decision-making fuelled by reliable information and processes. Reliable and credible information is high on stakeholders’ agendas, particularly in today’s world where data is widely available. Independent assurance provides confidence in the subject matter of that assurance engagement.
In addition to statutory audits, we perform a wide range of assurance engagements to help you meet regulatory requirements, ensure transparency, and enhance stakeholder engagement
Our Technical Approach
We perform independent assurance engagements which offer expert opinions on different areas of business performance and information. These opinions meet the requirements of international professional standards and enhance credibility and respond to the needs of stakeholders for greater transparency.
MAI can perform a wide range of assurance reviews, on diverse areas including: Internal controls Human rights, Corporate culture, Anti-bribery and corruption, Diversity and inclusion; Data privacy or security, Fraud, Non-financial disclosures included in corporate reports in line with local regulatory requirements.
These enable organisations to: Meet regulatory requirements, Enhance stakeholder engagement through increased transparency, and gain competitive advantage with customers, investors, regulators and other stakeholders, Match transparency expectations set by competition; Enhance internal decision-making processes with more accurate and reliable information.
We can work with you to help you identify what level of assurance fits your needs, the expectations of your stakeholders, and the requirements of relevant reporting frameworks.